Why Is Your AC Leaking?
Air conditioning is a vital component of any home during the hot summer months, providing relief from the sweltering heat and humidity. However, a leaking AC unit can cause inconvenience and damage to your home. Therefore, it is essential to address this issue promptly to prevent any other damage to your home and ensure your AC unit is functioning correctly.
B-Cool Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc offers top-notch services, such as AC Repair in Jacksonville, FL, and Air Conditioner Replacement in Orange Park, FL. Our experienced technicians are dedicated to providing prompt, reliable, and cost-effective solutions for all your AC unit needs. Whether you need routine maintenance, repairs, or a new AC unit, we are here to help.
Please schedule an appointment, and let us keep your home relaxed and comfortable all summer.
Common Reasons Why Your AC May Be Leaking And How To Address Them
- Clogged Condensate Drain Line: When your air conditioning unit removes moisture, the condensate drain line carries it away. However, if this line becomes obstructed with dirt, dust, or other debris, water can accumulate and leak out of the unit. To solve this problem, it’s best to call a professional AC service in Jacksonville, FL, who can clear the drain line and remove any blockages.
- Dirty Air Filter: Air filter in your AC system traps dust, dirt, and other particles from the air, preventing them from entering your home. However, when the filter becomes clogged with debris, it can restrict airflow and cause the evaporator coil to freeze. As the ice melts, it can lead to water leakage. Replacing your air filter regularly, typically every 1-3 months, is essential to avoid this problem.
- Faulty Condensate Pan: The condensate pan collects water that drips from the evaporator coil. If the pan is cracked, rusted, or otherwise damaged, it can allow water to leak out of the AC unit. Our professional AC technician can inspect and replace the condensate pan if necessary.
- Low Refrigerant Levels: Lower refrigerant levels can cause the evaporator coil to freeze, leading to water leakage. In this case, our professional AC technician must check the refrigerant levels and recharge the system if necessary.
- Improper Installation: If your AC unit needs to be installed correctly, it can lead to water leakage. For example, if the unit is not level, water can pool in certain areas and cause leaks. Our professional AC technician can inspect your system and make necessary adjustments or repairs.
- Aging Equipment: If you’re experiencing frequent leaks or other issues with your aging AC system, consider an Air Conditioning Repair in Jacksonville, FL. AC units over ten years old are more susceptible to problems, and upgrading to a new, more efficient system can save energy bills while reducing the likelihood of future issues.
If you notice water leakage from your AC system, addressing the problem promptly is essential to prevent further damage.
Choose Us and Experience the Difference!
At B-Cool Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc, we provide top-quality HVAC Companies in Jacksonville, FL. Our experienced technicians are dedicated to providing prompt, reliable, and cost-effective solutions for all your AC needs. We use only the best quality parts and materials to ensure long-lasting results. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!