When Do You Need to Change Your Furnace Filter?
Is your furnace facing issues because of a dirty air filter? Often, a dirty furnace filter can cause more trouble than necessary. This minor trouble can later escalate into a major problem for the furnace, which is why you should keep checking it regularly.
Do you know how often you should change your furnace filter, though? When should you make a change? If that’s not the case, stay reading to learn more!
How often Should you Check your Furnace Filter?
You should make sure to check your furnace filter once every month. While checking your furnace filter, you should notice its color as well. A change in color from white to grey indicates that the filter is too clogged or too dirty. This is your cue to get the filter changed immediately to maintain air quality and furnace efficiency.
When Should you Change your Furnace Filter?
The air filter is an extremely crucial component of your HVAC system. Getting it changed timely can maintain the furnace’s efficiency, reduce electricity costs and keep the air quality high. Nearly all of the HVAC experts of the heating & cooling industry recommend getting your furnace filter changed every 90 days. You can change the filter yourself or hire an HVAC technician to do it for you. Getting your furnace filter changed within 90 days is essential to prevent any major issues with the furnace.
Why Should you even Change your Furnace Filter?
Changing your furnace filter can do wonders for your house. The indoor air quality will be splendid, your house will have easy breathability, and your furnace will work smoothly. Besides these obvious reasons, there are several other reasons why you should keep an eye on your furnace filter and change it as soon as the time comes.
• Allergies: If someone at your home is suffering from allergies like asthma, a dirty air filter can lead to poor air quality and further breathing issues for the patient. To avoid this, you should consider changing your furnace filter on time.
• Pets: Pets shed a lot of fur, which makes it easy for your furnace filter to become blocked. So, to prevent your furnace filter from clogging because of the fur, keep an eye on your furnace filter and change it as soon as it gets dirty.
• Usage: In the winter season, the furnace is used more often. This can lead to the furnace filter getting dirty more quickly than usual because it is operating longer. So, you should keep in mind the usage time of the furnace, and you should pay more attention to the furnace filter during the seasons it is being operated the most.
How to Change your Furnace Filter on your own?
Changing your furnace filter is pretty easy. Anyone can use DIY methods or self-instructional videos to change the furnace filter.
- Switch off the furnace and remove the existing filter from the vent.
- If you have a disposal filter, throw it and then replace it with a new one.
- If your furnace filter is a permanent one, you will have to vacuum it properly and get rid of all the dust. You can then wipe it off properly and then put it back in place.
- Make sure to pay proper attention to the filter since it is the most important component for the proper functioning of your furnace.
If you’re looking for furnace replacement in Orange Park, FL, or HVAC installation in Jacksonville, FL, the best option is to contact “B-Cool Air”. We have all the solutions to your furnace problem and will reach out to you immediately. In case of the smallest of furnace-related issues, “B-cool Air” is the best option for you. For more information and details, visit our website or contact us now!
Here are some other services to check: