What To Do About A Rusty AC
An air conditioner is a valuable appliance that comforts us during the hot and humid summer. However, like any other appliance, air conditioners can develop problems over time, and one of the most common issues is rust. Rust can damage an air conditioner’s exterior and interior components, reducing its efficiency and potentially causing a breakdown. Here are some stages you can take to deal with a rusty air conditioner:
- Inspect the unit: The first step is to check the extent of the rust damage. If it’s just surface rust, you can use a wire brush or sandpaper to remove it. If it has caused significant damage, it’s best to call a technician to inspect the unit and advise you on the best course of action.
- Clean the unit: After removing the rust, thoroughly clean the unit with mild detergent and water to remove any dirt and debris. You can use a hose to clean off the detergent and grime, ensuring not to get water inside the unit.
- Apply a rust inhibitor: Apply a rust inhibitor to the unit to prevent future rusting. You can find rust inhibitors at most hardware stores. Make sure to track the instructions on the label.
- Paint the unit: After applying the rust inhibitor, you can paint the team to give it a fresh look and provide additional protection against rust. Use paint designed explicitly for outdoor use, and let it dry completely before turning on the air conditioner.
- Schedule regular maintenance: Regular AC Repair in Jacksonville is essential for keeping your air conditioner in good working condition. Schedule a maintenance check with a professional technician at least once a year to ensure your unit runs efficiently and identify any potential issues.
In conclusion, dealing with a rusty air conditioner requires cleaning, maintenance, and preventive measures. With these steps, you can keep your AC Repair in Lakeside, running smoothly and efficiently, ensuring your comfort during the hot summer.
Our team at HVAC Company Jacksonville is available 24/7, so don’t hesitate to call and schedule an appointment so we can get your AC system running at peak capacity before the sweltering summer months arrive!